Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 31, 2011

JJ,
What a trooper you are!!! We spent 5 hours in the ER last night and you came out sporting 2 new staples in your head. You are so worried that people are going to laugh at you, it just breaks my heart. And what broke my heart even more was the fact that the staples seem to really hurt you. To see you scream out in such pain, it really makes me wonder how numb you were. In fact it didn't stop hurting until about 20 minutes after we left. You were so limp in my arms screaming that it hurt, you couldn't even move you seem to be in so much pain. It was one of those moments where I was heart broken for you and so mad at the HN because he said it wouldn't hurt and it did. He said you probably felt a burning sensation, I don't know I've never had staples.

Once we were finally clear to go, we drove around looking for a place to get you a M&M milkshake, not an easy task at 1230 in the morning. But we finally found one a little after 1. I was determined to get you a milkshake after the drama that occurred when the HN put the staples in your head. On the way home, it came to surface that you thought the staples had gone into your brain. It took alot of talking to assure you that the staple didn't even go through your skull. And then as we got closer to home you started getting scared because you didn't want to go to sleep because you might roll onto that side of your head and push the staples into your brain. You didn't even want to take Motrin because you were scared it would make you not feel the staples. But as soon as I got you into the family room I think you were out in about 5 minutes flat. Whew, I am so thankful you are still resting and that we got the rite of passage into boyhood over with. Just please, please no broken bones cause I think that is where I will completely lose it!!!!!
Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment