Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011

LJ,
Well, we are off to a new school year!!! I struggled to keep it on the right foot. I will tell you one thing, it is hard raising a young man, really hard! I don't know when to give, when to stand firm or when to just have fun. I want you to know I'm trying, really trying to be the best mom for you, not perfect: just the best.

You have taken to the piano we got. You play amazingly and I don't just say that cause you're my son. You have a wonderful talent with music and its hard not to be more pushy about it. I see your potential and although you love to play, you don't want to take lessons. It's hard not to make this an issue and I hope we are doing the right thing by just allowing you to play on your own. I did say I wanted you to be a self learner and maybe if I step back you will teach me a thing or two. One thing I do know for certain: it brings me great joy to hear you practice the same song over and over and over until you get it right. Seeing your smile light up your face when you can play it flawlessly, excites me beyond words. You are such a talented young man. Yes, you are a strong willed child but I love that about you!!!! Don't change to please the world, just continue to grow and be molded by the Lord!!!!
Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment